Episode 87 – Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes 2018
Horses. Beautiful, majestic, peaceful creatures that most people do not know can help Veterans with PTSD. I talked to Julie Lovely last year, check out Episode 52 here – (Oscar Mike Radio Episode 52).
I met Julie on her farm and set up to begin talking with her. Note to self: Make sure I have headphones whenever I go remote. Snow had made scheduling challenging:)
We were in her barn, and to me this is the best part of doing this episode. Here we are sitting in a barn, outside on a cool spring day talking about what Julie is doing with Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes in 2018.
There is a lot coming up this year. First there is the Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes 2018 Benefit Dinner on April 21st at the Easton, MA Country Club. This benefit dinner and silent auction is to raise funds that Wild Hearts will use to provide equestrian therapy classes to Veterans.
2018 marks the first year that there will be two sessions for the Veterans. There is the Spring Healing through Horsemanship Veterans Program. Based on the need, Julie decided to have a fall session. Her program is growing, and I am happy that Veterans find this valuable.
Talking with Julie, I could see the excitement in her eyes as she was talking about working with Veterans. Even with all the work required to get the paddocks, barn, and training area ready all while preparing for the benefit diner, there was this undercurrent of energy that is contagious. I can’t wait to come back and talk with her and the whole crew this summer. I can’t say this enough, people who serve in this way deserve our support.
- Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction Site
- Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes Website
- Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes Facebook Page
I have two tickets for the 2018 Wild Hearts Horses for Heroes Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction. Here the rules:
- Drop me an email – email@example.com or a Facebook Book Message and tell me how I met Julie.
- I will put all the people who put in the proverbial bowl.
- I will do a drawing on Facebook Live on Sunday, April 15th, 2018.
- The winner will receive two tickets at Will – Call if needed to come to the event.