Continuing the “My Military Story” Series, I talk about the end of Second Phase in Boot Camp. There is a hump at the end and everyone is supposed to do to make it up “The Reaper”.
This is a 700 Foot mountain that all MCRD San Diego Marines must go up. While not a hard graduation requirement, your squad mates and Drill Instructors won’t consider you a Marine unless you climb “The Reaper”. It was a brief moment in my life, but a moment I was happy to experience once I got to the top.
Many lessons can be learned from going up that hill. The one that sticks with me is simply, “Don’t Quit”. That lesson applies today as it did all those years ago.
Thanks to my sponsors Joyce Asack, Mark Holmes and Shaun Schubert for supporting Veterans!
Asack Real Estate
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 508-942-7146
- Website: asackrealestate.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AsackRealEstate/
Reaper Detailing and Powerwashing
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 508-298-2674
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/reapersdetailing
Red Seal Martial Arts
- Red Seal Martial Arts 155 Millennium Cir Lakeville, Massachusetts
- (774) 259-9258
Podcast: Play in new window | Download